Monday, April 20, 2009

QUESTION#25

ARE THE CHILDSUPPORT LAWS UNFAIR?

1 comment:

  1. There should be no need for child support laws. You got a child,you do the right thing and support it.The same laws that are made to help can be misused and hurt.I know a man that pays 75 dollars a month toward his child's support and thinks that's all he can afford.The woman has asked if he could at least come up with ten dollars a day for his kid. This guy works. Now if she goes to court I'm sure they will make him pay about 600. Still not much in the big picture.600 bucks would be 25% of his take home pay,that would put a hurt on him. On the other hand the extra 600 a month could make it quite easy for the woman to get by and there is no need or requirement that the money is spent directly on the child.This is kind of unfair. But thinking about it. I'm sure his idea of 75 bucks seems a bit unfair to the mother too.

    ReplyDelete